You might also like
- Indian Government blocks 254 websites for North East SMS havoc, May Take action against Twitter
- Bed and Breakfast : Homely stay for Tourists in New Delhi
- Rang De : A great solution for getting Small business loans / Micro loans
- Meet the 5 influential Indians, including Dhoni, in the World!!
- Details of Preferred time LPG delivery scheme in India
First day in the month of December is celebrated as the AIDS Day throughout the world. India is the world’s fourth largest suffering country from aids. So, now its our duty to create awareness by wear Red Ribbon and spread the fact about the AIDS in the country.
What is AIDS:
AIDS means Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome. It is a fatal disease caused by a rapidly mutating retrovirus that attacks the immune system and leaves the victim vulnerable to infections, malignancies, and neurological disorders.
Symptoms of Aids:
Some people develop flu-like symptoms shortly after infection, but many have no symptoms. It may be a few months or many years before serious symptoms develop in adults; symptoms usually develop within the first two years of life in infants infected in the womb or at birth.
People come in with symptoms like fever, headache, muscle and joint pain, sore throat, rash and diarrhea. In response to these symptoms, physicians diagnose the flu and send the patient on their way. In the majority of cases, their diagnosis proves correct but if you are not cured you should visit the STI clinics or hospitals near you to get the test done.
List of State wise list of STI clinics, institutes, hospitals and medical colleges :
It has details on AIDS counseling centres, AIDS Testing centres, NGO’s and blood banks in different States.
- Statewise List of Integrated Counselling and Testing Centres (352 KB) (PDF file that opens in a new window)
- Statewise List of Antiretroviral Therapy Centres (170 KB) (PDF file that opens in a new window)
- Centres for CD4 counts
Preventive steps against AIDS :
The Official Health Page of Indian Government on Aids suggest the following. For best information consult a doctor or counseling center.
- Safe sex:
- Using clean needles.
- The HIV positive mothers can decrease the risk of passing on the infection to the baby by going for a caesarean birth, not breast-feeding the child and using anti-retroviral therapy.
- It is important that every one should spread AIDS awareness and the methods that need to be followed to check its spread.
How to Create Awareness about AIDS :
Awareness is one of the best way to stop the spread of Aids. If the people of India will know about the Aids, its effect and the precautions, they will definitely fight against Aids.
Red ribbon is the international symbol to create the AIDS awareness that is worn by people all year round and particularly around World AIDS Day to prove care and concern about HIV and AIDS, and to remind others of the need for their support and commitment.
However National AIDS control Organization create an AIDS awareness and giving the message to the nation through the RED RIBBON EXPRESS. It travel through 152 stations around 22 states in India. Following are the highlights of the Red ribbon express:
- The project has directly reached 80 lakh people across India spreading the message of HIV prevention, treatment and care
- Over 81,000 district level resource person trained on HIV & AIDS
- About 57,000 people counseled and 36,000 people got themselves tested for HIV.
World Aids Day theme 2010:
The theme for World AIDS Day 2010 is “Universal Access and Human Rights”.