Lets get off India and Fly to Dubai today and know some facts about Burj Duabi which was opened to the world this Monday. Burj Dubai being the tallest building on the earth and on top of which you can see the curvature of the earth is definitely eye-catching. Here are few more facts :
- Dimensions : 2700 Ft High, 169 Floors.
- Official Website : http://www.burjdubai.com/
- It is made up of Super strong next generation steel. Steel looses its strength beyond a certain range. The technique used to build up Burj Dubai infuses steel with nano scale copper particles, this formula could keep up structural integrity at temperatures.
- The concrete used avoids cracking due to heavy pressure. This was made possible by using a technique called as Nano Tubes. These nanotubes can prevent cracks from spreading and when filled with fixing agent it can fill up the crack itself.
- Different Climatic Zone : As you move up the Burj, you will pass through a temperature difference of 10 Degree celsius cooler than bottom and 12500 tonnes of ice a day will be used up to keep the cooling system up.
- Thick Structure Triple-lobed footprint : The internal structure is pretty much thick. In case any of the pillars break or get weak, the load will automatically get distributed to rest of the places.
- It has a Life Boat Elevator mode which includes 10 high-speed shuttles which will be used for recovery in case of fire or any kind of emergency.
- Type in: 25°11’40.90″ N 55°16’30.97″ E to your Google Earth, and it will take you to the top of the Burj Dubai. Please make sure that you have 3D Buildings Mode enabled.
- The world’s fastest elevator, rising and descending at 18 m/s (40 mph).
Here is a video which you would love to see :
Online resources to know more about Burj Dubai