Delhi Police recently launched their Juvenile justice website, which is an initiative to create awareness on Juvenile Justice Rights.
It can be said that the website is great help in dealing with cases of missing children faster, and at the same time will provide information on all aspects of juvenile justice and rights. This website also has the details about organizations working for juveniles, the laws applicable to them and also has an interactive chartrooms.
Browsing this website is a good way to educate yourself on Juvenile Rights, there is a lot of information about the same. You can also raise a voice against a crime, by reporting it through this website.
Here is the list of objectives (as given on the website) –
- Immediate intervention and assistance to children in crisis.
- Intervention and assistance in cases of children in danger.
- Registering formal anonymous and named complaints with respect to abuse/ neglect/ commercial exploitation/ victims of trafficking.
- Support services to parents, liaison between media, public and police, information on missing children and found children.
- Support service to child victim.
- Organize informative sessions on child abuse, neglect and prevention strategies.
- Assisting child victims of abuse/ neglect through Child Welfare Committees.
- To promote child rights
- To raise awareness on child exploitation and prevention
- To provide direct intervention in all cases of child exploitation and neglect
- To document and disseminate information on child protection issues
- To encourage civil society to be our partner in striving towards total abolition of child exploitation/abuse.
Go ahead and visit Delhi Police Juvenile Justice Unit (DPJJU) Website, and let us hope a website on same lines for every state in India.