Srinagar is said to be heaven not only because of the beauty it holds but also because of the culture, weather and the people living there.
Around 2 years back Ashish and I went to the memorable trip to Srinagar and I wrote everything down as we were on the tour. Since Technospot.In is launched I take this opportunity to give you a hand on guide of our beautiful trip.
Srinagar Trip : At a Glance:
- No of days : 4-6 except travelling duration
- Budget : 25 to 30 K INR excluding shopping expense
- Places to see: Dal Lake, Gulmarg ,Sonmarg and Pahalgaon.
- Season : If you are looking for snow Nov to March is best but if you would like to see more of greenery visit between June to September
- How to reach: You can reach by flight, or by road.
- Phone : Please do get a Airtel/BSNL number or any postpaid numbe. Nothing works apart from that.
Accommodation @ Srinagar Trip :
Depending on your budget and number of people in the group, you can either go for House Boat or take a room in any of the hotel.
- Costly, 1500 per day per room
- This is the best option if you are in number of 4 or 6 else your privacy will be breached in case you are just two. The other room can be rented to anybody else. If you can afford hire the whole boat.
- Awesome view at night when you sit at the end of the boat which is like a balcony. Some of the house boats have even small garden built which makes your stay always fresh.
- You have two kitchens. One for Non vegetarian and other for Vegetarian food.
- Cheaper than house boats. Also we would suggest not going for a very costly hotel as you won’t be staying for long in the room.
- Also you might find Air conditioner missing as its really was not required when we went in 2007. However in conversation with hotels there, they said that with increasing temperature we might require AC to be fit in soon.
Decide this after looking the travel plan below.
Travel Plan for Srinagar Trip
- Day 1: Morning : Reached Srinagar
- Day : Evening : Srinagar Dal Lake
- Day 2 : Sonmarg ~ 80 KM Read Details on Dal lake and Sonmarg here
- Day 3: Gulmarg
- Day 4 : Pahalgam
- Day 5 : Local site seeing at Srinagar
- Day 6 : Returned
You will need to hire a cab depending on how many people you are. Best would be to talk to the hotel you stay in. They always have set of drivers who can take and don’t forget to bargain. We paid like 6K for 3 days for going to Sonamrg, Gulmarg and Pahalgam in Omni for 2 people.
Also make sure you start early like by 8 or 9 am. Each day travel time is like 6 to 8 hours return trip. OS if you a really want to spend time there start early else you will miss everything once evening starts falling.
Preparation plan for Srinagar Trip
- A handy bag in which you can some extra stuff like water etc.
- Some warm clothes even if you are going in summer. You will need it at Gulmarg specially.
- A camera with 10 pairs of batteires.
- Get some junk food along with you and ask the driver to find some place where you eat. However if you are ready have your breakfast and then start.
Seeing the above plan you might think that the plan is tiring but trust us there is nothing much to do in Srinagar except to walk around the pavements of Dal lake and some shopping. It’s best to move out and enjoy the beauty of wild, breath in the fresh air and enjoy with friends and family.
In the next post we would start sharing our experience to all these places in detail and what you should not miss. Don’t miss the next post on this series which are listed below.
- Dal Lake and Sonmarg -Trip to Srinagar Part 2
- Gulmarg -Trip to Srinagar Part 3
- PahalGaon and Local sightseeing -Trip to Srinagar Part 4