Hope you have tried with the thoder / Banana Stem dish ( In case you did not, Try it now. ) Yesterday I tried to cook the Banana stem in a different style and really liked it.
Ingredients & Quantity: – Serving – 4 person
- Thod ( banana stem )– 250 gm
- Gobind bhog chawal – 100 gm
- Potato – 2 standard size
- Ghee – 2 tsp
- Garam masala (powder) – ¾ of a tsp
- Bay Leaves ( Tej Patta )
- Green Chillies ( as per taste )
- Salt ( as per taste )
- Sugar ( as per taste )
- Turmeric powder – half tsp
- Cashew Nut
- Tear, peal, wash and cut the banana stem as shown in my post.
- Drain the water, put some salt and mash it with your fingers properly.
- Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan or kadai. Put bay leaf and sauté’ for few seconds. Add potatoes into it and fry it in medium heat.
- Add gobinda bhog chawal and stir it at medium heat. Add salt and green chiilies.
- Once the gobinda bhog chawal appears to be fried add the chopped banana stem and mix it well. Cover the non-stick pan or kadai with a lid for half an hour but keep stirring at regular intervals for better results. Keep the heat at moderate temperature.
- Add cashew nuts and raisins.
- Sprinkle the garam masala and add ghee. Mix well and serve hot.