Did you ever know there is a Toilet Museum in India?
However I came to know about this today only, so wanted to share this with you all.
Sulabh International Museum of Toilets is located in Delhi; the objectives of this museum are as stated below –
- To educate students about the historical trends in the development of toilets;
- To provide information to researchers about the design, materials, and technologies adopted in the past and those in use in the contemporary world;
- To help policy makers to understand the efforts made by predecessors in this field throughout the world;
- To help the manufacturers of toilet equipment and accessories in improving their products by functioning as a technology storehouse; and
- To help sanitation experts learn from the past and solve problems in the sanitation sector.
The address of Sulabh Toilet Museum is, Sulabh Bhawan, Mahavir Enclave, Palam Dabri Marg, New Delhi, India.
So, during your next visit to Delhi, don’t miss to visit the Toilet Museum.
Here is the link to official website of Sulabh International Museum of Toilets, here you can get some more insight about this museum, and also they are planning to launch the virtual tour facility for the museum soon.
However did you take the Madame Tussauds Wax Museums Virtual tour, if no, go ahead and visit it too.