You might also like
Durga puja is one of my favorite and most awaited festival. I eagerly wait for Durga puja through out the year. This festival is dedicated to the goddess Durga. It is celebrated through out the country with joy but it plays an important role in the bengali community and for this it is a big and traditional festival of West Bengal.
How to celebrate:
People celebrate Durga puja by performing puja and some of them keep their fast also for 9 days.The Durga Puja spans over a period of ten days in case of traditional and household Pujas, though the main part of it is restricted to four days only. The main Puja, however, starts on the evening of ‘Sasthi’, the sixth day after the new moon, generally from beneath a ‘Bel’ tree for the traditional ones. Thousand of people come to kolkata during Puja just to see the puja pandals. Here is the list of Puja pandals that you should not miss at all.
List of Puja Pandals:
Adi Lake Palli Durga Puja Pandal 2011
It is one of the oldest among puja pandals. This year their theme is ‘Peace is Strength’. The artist for this theme is Snehasis Manna. Here is the venue detail for Adi Lake Palli Durga Puja Pandal.
- Location: Adi Lake Palli Durga Puja Pandal, 15 Lake Place
- Landmark: Located near Lake Market.
Kumartuli Park 2011 Durga Puja Pandal
It is a well known place in North Kolkata famous for art and sculptures.This is the place, where most of the best puja pandals of Kolkata are made. The theme for Kumartuli Park Durga Puja Pandal 2011 is ‘Pora Matir Kella’ and the theme maker for this puja pandal is Rupchand Kundu. Here is the venue of How to reach Kumartuli Park in Kolkata.
- Location: Kumartuli Park Durga Puja Pandal
- Land mark: Sovabazar Metro is the nearest railway station for Kumartuli Park.
Mohammed Ali Park:
This is one of the oldest puja pandal of Kolkata. This year Mohammed Ali Park Durga Puja Pandal 2011 theme is ‘Nari Nirjaton’ and this theme was based on women empowerment which will elaborately depicts cruelty against women. Mr. Koushik Sen is the person who takes care of the pandal decoration on this theme.
- Location:Central Kolkata,
- Landmark: Opposite College Square, on Mahatma Gandhi Road (visit this pandal along with College Square)
Suruchi Sangha Puja pandal:
This puja pandal is more than 50 years old, it first found fame in 2003 when it won an award for the best decorated pandal. It won the award again in 2009. With greater stress being laid on environmental protection, a lot of puja organisers have gone for the “Green theme”. This year the theme of Suruchi Sangh is Global Warming and its effect.
- Location: South Kolkata, in New Alipore near the petrol pump on Nalini Rajan Avenue.
- Landmark:. The nearest railways stations are Majherhat and Kalighat.
Ekdalia Evergreen Durga Puja Pandal 2011 in Kolkata
Ekdali Evergreen Durga Puja Pandal 2011, which is budgeted around Rs.40 lakhs will going to have international touch with German artist Gregor Schneider.Exactly what is the theme of Ekdalia Evergreen puja in 2011? Well, to get the answer of this question, you just need to go and check the major attraction there.
- Location: Ekdalia Evergreen Durga Puja Pandal is located at South Kolkata in Gariahat.
- Landmark:Ballygunge and Kalighat Metro are the nearest railway stations to this Durga Puja Pandal
Sealdah Athletic Club Durga Puja Pandal:
This is one of the best Durga Puja in Kolkata. This year the theme of Durga Puja Pandal 2011 at Sealdah Athletic Club is ‘Amber Fort of Jaipur’. Amber Fort at Jaipur is one the famous tourist attractions in Jaipur. You can see a Kali Temple popularly known as Shila Devi Temple in this fort.
- Location: Sealdah Railway Athletic Club Durga Puja Pandal is located at Central Kolkata.
Durga Puja Pandal 2011 at Golf Green Sarodotsava Committee
This year the theme of Durga Puja Pandal 2011 of Golf Green Sarodotsava Committee is ‘Madhubani Paintings’ which means ‘forests of honey’. Their theme revolves around eternal shakthi – Goddess Durga the creator and the mother and their theme depicts natural elements .
- Location: Located at South Kolkata near Jadavpur University campus.
Salt Lake FD Block Durga Puja Pandal 2011
Salt Lake turned into hot spot owing to the grand celebration of Durga Puja. Every year FD Block of Salt Lake comes with innovative themes. Sources says that this year the tallest Durga Puja Idol 2011 in Kolkata would be from Salt Lake FD Puja Committee which records a height of 48feet made of fibre glass.This year the theme of Salt Lake FD Block Durga Puja 2011 is ‘‘“Dwadosh Shakti Pith’
- Location: FD Block Sarbojanin Puja Committe is located at FD Park, Sector 3, Salt Lake Kolkata 700106