You might also like
- Homemade Breakfast delivered at your doorstep [in select locations of Bangalore]
- Dell factories coming to India : Please dont repeat the mistakes
- How to find out the City of Registration for a Vehicle [India]
- Order you Breakfast online [available in select locations of Pune]
- How to change Main Passenger Name and Boarding station On IRCTC E-Ticket
The scheme of “Tatkal” by Indian Railways has proved a successful scheme and of course many Indian are getting benefited from it. Actually, it is an emergency reservation scheme under which , people can book their tickets just 2 days before the actual date of journey, excluding the date of journey.
However till now it wasn’t compulsory to carry an id proof as stated in the Official Tatkal Page :
No identity proof is required to be produced by the passenger seeking reservation under tatkal scheme neither at the time of booking nor during the journey.
But this has changed.
New provision for Tatkal ticket passengers:
According to an official release issued by the Government of Indian Railway, Now every passenger who are traveling on tatkal ticket should have carry their original identity proof while traveling.However, the id proof may be one of the following:
- voter photo identity card issued by Election Commission of India
- PAN Card
- Driving Licence
- Photo Identity Card issued by Central/State Government
- Student Identity Card with photograph issued by school/college
- nationalized Bank Passbook with photograph
- Credit Cards issued by Banks with laminated photograph
But you do not need any ID proof when you make reservation at the counter.
Traveling without ID proof:
According to the Indian Railway, If any one of the passengers traveling without the original proof on the basis of tatkal scheme, he/she will be treated as traveling without tickets and will be charged excess fare and penalty as per rules.
Is this necessary?
This scheme is basically started after having the complaints of alleged irregularities in the tatkal scheme. We can say that it is one of the measure that for putting to end complaints of bulk booking and the role of touts in cornering such tickets.