We all are now more or less aware of IMEI No i.e International Mobile Identity No of our mobile handset due to the recent stricter regulations of Govt. Here is an interesting fact to share about the IMEI No. Each mobile carries a unique IMEI which can be used to track your mobile anywhere in the world. This is how it works!!!!!!
- Dial *#06# from your mobile.
- Your mobile shows a unique 15 digit no (it’s a mix match of alpha numeric digit code)
- Note down this no anywhere but except your mobile as this is the number which will help trace your mobile in case of a theft.
- Once stolen you just have to mail this 15 digit IMEI No to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details :
Last used No.:
E-mail for communication:
- Your Mobile will be traced via a complex system of GPRS and internet within few hours. This may not be standard and may vary.
- You will find where your hand set is being operated even in case your no is being changed.
Do let us know if this worked for you. In case it did not we will try to find more ways. However, the best bet is to get in touch with the telecom operators as they can only track IMEI number which is first thing used by cops these ways to track any mobile number when a sim is changed.