We all have heard about Amla sometimes by our mother or grand mother. But do we add amla in our daily life or even in our meal? So, Today we will discuss about the uses and benefits of Amla but first of all let us know What is Amla?
Amla is a type of fruit which is often used in preparation of medicines in Ayurveda. This is one of the excellent source of Vitamin C and have the powerful part of antioxidant agent. The Amla fruit tree has been worshipped in India from ancient times as the ‘Earth Mother’. Amla resemble and look like lemon-sized, light green striped watermelons and contain many beneficial medical properties. It is rich in vitamins and it is processed to improve its shelf life. With the popularity of Ayurveda both as a medicine and as a beauty aid the demand for various products with Amla has increased
Nutrition composition of Amla:
- Moisture 91.4;
- Mineral matter : 0.7;
- Fibre : 3.4;
- Calorie 4. 96 (energy);
- Protein 0.9;
- Fat 0.1;
- Carbohydrate, 6.9g.
- Calcium, 34;
- Iron, 1.2;
- Vitamin B-1, 0.02;
- Vitamin B-2, 0.08,
- Vitamin C 463 mg. /100gms
Products of Amla:
- Amla can be used in the preparation of Pickle, Churn etc . This is very useful in stomach problem and gastric problem. To get relief from acidity, mix one gram of Amla powder with some sugar and add it to a glass of water drink it twice a day.
- Shampoo and oil made of Amla is very good for hair. It gives proper nutrition to the hair to make it silky and soft.
- Amla jam, Amla Murabba and Amla candy are also very popular product which are made of Amla and often used by the people.
Benefits of Amla:
- Amla is considered as the best thing for hair. It enriches hair growth and hair pigmentation . It strengthens roots of hair, maintains colour.
Amla powder prevents dandruff.
- Applying the paste of ground seeds of Amla mixed with lemon- especially on the roots of the hair and washing after half an hour will clear the lices from the hair
- The juice of fresh Amla applying on the hair make it soft and healthy.
- Amla can be used as a hair tonic. Boil it down in coconut oil until the oil becomes dark. The dark oil is said to prevent gray hairs from forming. Add the oil directly to your hair and rinse out
For indigestion and stomach problems:
- Dried Amla is an excellent digestive, which can be consumed after meals.
- If you take powder of Amla power mixed with sugar in milk, about two-time everyday, you will be cured of acidity completely.
- Due to its strong, cooling and laxative properties Amla is useful for remedies for diarrhoea and dysentery. The dried Amla fruit is astringent and useful in cases of diarrhoea and dysentery.
- Amla powder helps to clear pimples and acne
- Use Amla power as a face mask and wash it after some time to give the skin nutrition and to make it glowing.
- To prevent or cure diabetes take a fresh one-fourth cup of Amla or a tea-spoon of Amla powder with a tea-spoon of turmeric powder everyday.
- Amla diabetes powder naturally reduces blood sugar level.
- The application of a small quantity of Amla oil to the head before bathing removes diseases of the eyes, night blindness.
- Amla prevent anaemia and provides nourishment to the nerves and is helpful in paralytic situation.
- It prevent the person from urinary problems, respiratory problems, cerebral, gastro, cardiovascular illness.
- It lowers cholesterol level.
- Amla juice or powder with honey purifies blood.
- It increases red blood cell production and increases Haemoglobin.
- To get the relief from constipation have 1 tsp dried Amla powder with milk or water before retiring for the day. You can even take 4 tsp fresh Amla juice and 3 tsp. honey mixed in a glass of water