You might also like
What’s new for all the food lovers of Kolkata this year? Kolkata has never disappointed the food lovers. Chowringhee and Park Street are the most common hang out places of the Calcuttans. When it comes to the cooking specialty of Calcutta, Kathi rolls (kebabs wrapped in dough) truly deserve a special mention.
With the New Year we all will be soon getting more options to date with our buddy or dine with family or just hang out with friends. Here are the few lists –
- Little Italy – This Italian Restaurant will be soon catching the crowd of sector V by end of 2010.
- Spaghetti Kitchen – Spaghetti Kitchen will now serve the City of Joy, Calcutta. The plan as per the general manager, Rajiv Singh is to open 120-seater Italian restaurants in Park Street.
- Amoda Spa Bistro – by mid-February a 40-seater Italian cuisine dine den will open on Belvedere Road.
- Sarson – A new food area at South City Mall will soon welcome all Indian food lovers at the second floor by January 2010.
- Savourites - This catering company the reason behind 6 Ballygunge Place will soon open a new place in north Calcutta before Puja 2010.
- Bhojohari Manna – for all those lovers of Bengali food here is really good news. You can now take home away your delivery and enjoy at home. The new opening at 11 A Esplanade East, next to KC Das you will find an extensive home delivery and takeaway services. A 40-seater Bhojohari Manna “welcomes you by mid-January.” GOOD FOOD GREAT FUN” that’s what they offer.
- Barbeque Nation – This restaurant offers you live vegetarian and non-vegetarian Barbeque starters in unlimited choices. This restaurant has a good plan for its fans. As per the business manager of Barbeque Nation they are planning to open two restaurants by mid-2010 and March 2011. They are also planning to open small hangouts of Barbeque Nation viz. Barbeque Express in few shopping malls.
- Amber – The favourite of many two more Amber restaurants will be soon opening in Calcutta.
Coffee and Ice Cream:
For all you ladies and young gals and children here is great news. You have loads of ice cream parlours and coffee shops by 2010. To list a few –
- Baskin Robbins – by September 2010 the most loved ice cream parlour plans to open 4 parlours in areas – Alipore, Southern Avenue, Rajarhat and Howrah.
- Fresh and Maturelle Ice Cream – the count of this ice cream shops now counts to 7. They plan to increase by 20 in eastern India and another 20 in rest of the part of India.
- The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf – This coffee shop will soon open in first half of 2010 under the wing of Blue Foods at Park Street.
- Cafe Coffee Day – Recently opened in IIT Kharagpur, CCD targets to reach 50 in count in Calcutta by 2010.
- Piccadilly Square – Expect another outlet of this European street food stop to open in 2010.
- Gama Hospitality – This parent company plans to open The Cream & Fudge Factory in Alipore on January 3 and a kiosk in New Empire. They also plan to open a Coffee World in South City Mall by January.
Fast Food –
- KFC – The KFC plans to open two more outlets by 2010. At present you can reach KFC one at City Centre II and the other at South City Mall.
- Go India Express – Get ready for this ready to eat Indian food (packaged and frozen). Its 96 per cent cooked. Planning to open 8 to 10 express shops in Dalhousie, Sector V, Alipre and Park Street – Chowringhee area.
- Oriental Cuisine Pvt Ltd. – Five new retail outlets are now coming by 2010. You can have the French loaf now in many places. This baker will cover the area in Alipore, New Alipore, Southern Avenue, Salt Lake, Park Street and Camac Street.