You might also like
Every Indian kitchen I believe somewhere in the corner must have almond. It occupies the space in your refrigerator also. I prefer to keep it there only so that it can last long. Almond is better seen at least once in a year at every Indian house during Diwali. with other friends like cashew nuts, raisins, pista and other dry fruits. Many of us have an impression that if you consume almond daily you can gain weight.
Don’t worry. Let me share something really healthy with you. Almond no doubt is bit expensive for all to consume. But tell me something. With the present economy is anything cheaper ? I have read somewhere that - Almond also known as “badaam” is woven into the very fabric of Indian cuisine.
- Almond is rich in vitamin E and monounsaturated fat. Consumption of handful of almond daily helps in improving complexion and food movement and prevention of cancer. Researches have shown that almonds help in reducing LDL rather bad cholesterol and increase the HDL ood cholesterol.
- In Ayurveda almond plays a vital role. Roghan Badam or almond oil helps in rejuvenating the skin via massage therapy. It’s high nutrient content keeps the brain healthy and nervous system good. It has anti-inflammatory and immunity boosting effect.
- It is recommended by many gynecologist to consume a handful of almond daily. It helps in overcoming post pregnancy stress and weakness. Blanched almond is more advantageous to consume this duration. It really helped me a lot during my pregnancy period. I always used to forgot and daily call of my mother reminded me daily. It really helps in daily activity during that period especially. Even after my child birth i am consuming it daily sometimes as a snack, at times with milk.
- Blanched almond is more preferred to consume and that to early in the morning empty stomach or with milk.
Almonds are used in cookies, cakes, desserts, making wedding sweets, added in kheer. Soft drink known as soumada is made from almond. Badam halva is a sweet dish made from almond adds to the royalty of many Indian weddings and special occasions. Almond is welcome anytime and every time. It is easy to carry it with you and its really a good appetite satiety.
* Blanched almonds are shelled almonds that have been treated with hot water to soften the seed coat which is removed to reveal the white embryo. You can also leave almond soaked in water overnight.