Are you tired of having Aloo Posto and want to try something different? Please try aloo badam to have a different taste altogether. It’s simple, easy, and quick to cook as your Aloo Posto. Here I am sharing my Mom’s Best Aloo Badam Recipe. Its a spicy dish made of Potato and Peanuts and can be a great side dish.
Aloo Badam Recipe: Spicy dish made of Potato and Peanuts
Ingredients & Quantity: – Serving – 4 person
- Potato – 4 medium sizes
- Dry Peanut – 50gm
- Tomato – 1 small size
- Green Chilies – 4 pcs
- Panchforan – ½ tsp contains five types of spices viz. Fenugreek Seeds, Cumin Seeds, Fennel Seeds, Nigella Seeds, and Mustard Seeds.
- Turmeric Powder – to add color.
- Salt (as per taste)
- Refined Oil
- Chopped Coriander Leaves
How to prepare Aloo Badam
- Soak the dry peanuts overnight.
- Remove the outer covering of the peanut. Grind it to a fine paste with the green chilies in a mixer. The dough should not be watery.
- Cut the potatoes into small pieces.
- Heat oil in a kadai or frying pan, add Panchforan and sauté it for few seconds.
- Put the potatoes in kadai and fry it on medium heat.
- Add tomato (cut into small pieces), turmeric powder and salt and sauté for 3 – 4 minutes.
- Mix the peanut paste into it and add some water into it.
- Keep the heat at medium heat and let the potatoes soften.
- Serve hot, garnished with chopped coriander leaves.
Many of you might not prefer peanut thinking that its high in fat. But peanuts have some fats which reduce cardiovascular disease risk. Peanut is the most widely consumed nut and a good source of vitamin E and fiber. So don’t be afraid of having peanut. And we all know that too much of anything is wrong. Enjoy it!!