Are you tired of having aloo posto and want to try something different? Please try aloo badam to have a different taste altogether. It’s simple, easy and quick to cook as your aloo posto.
Ingredients & Quantity: – Serving – 4 person
- Potato – 4 medium sizes
- Dry Peanut – 50gm
- Tomato – 1 small size
- Green Chilies – 4 pcs
- Panchforan – ½ tsp contains five types of spices viz. Fenugreek Seeds, Cumin Seeds, Fennel Seeds, Nigella Seeds and Mustard Seeds.
- Turmeric Powder – just to add colour.
- Salt (as per taste)
- Refined Oil
- Chopped Coriander Leaves
- Soak the dry peanuts over night.
- Remove the outer covering of the peanut. Grind it to fine paste with the green chilies in a mixer. The paste should not be watery.
- Cut the potatoes into small pieces.
- Heat oil in a kadai or frying pan, add panchforan and sauté it for few seconds.
- Put the potatoes in kadai and fry it in medium heat.
- Add tomato (cut into small pieces), turmeric powder and salt and sauté for 3 – 4 minutes.
- Mix the peanut paste into it and add some water into it.
- Keep the heat at medium heat and let the potatoes softens.
- Serve hot, garnished with chopped coriander leaves.
Many of you might not prefer peanut thinking that its high in fat. But peanuts have some fats which reduces cardiovascular disease risk. Peanut is the most widely consumed nut and a good source of vitamin E and fiber. So don’t be afraid of having peanut. And we all know that too much of anything is bad. Enjoy it!!