This must have raised lot of eyebrows but yes thats true and Volkswagen is getting the famous iconic car, The Beetle, to Indian roads. Though Beetle was supposed to be a car for family but it became a movie icon being used by top actors, high-class people.
The Beetle which you see now is certainly not the old one but a little modified version but retains all the features that a Beetle can say it’s Beetle. Have a look :
Beetle Spec :
- Price : Rs 25.84 lakhs ( On Road Mumbai )
- L/W/H : 4129/1721/1498 mm
- Wheelbase : 2515mm
- Kerb weight : 1280Kg
- Engine: 4 cycles inline 1984 cc. petrol/front, transverse,FWD
- Power : 1150BHP at 5400 RPM
- Torque : 17.5Kgm at 3200 RPM
- Gear Box : 6 speed auto
- Brakes : Ventilated discs / solid discs.
Though Beetle is one of the sexiest car when it comes to small cars but then it comes with a very cheesy prize, So cheesy that not everybody can afford it. So its going to be still a high-class choice and you can blame to the taxes.