Kolkata is called the city of joy because of its people, human values, traditions, art , music, lights, culture and of course the food.Every city has some specialty in food but in Kolkata you will found all types of food.Here is the list of best where you can enjoy your food. Remember food is not only cheap in Kolkata but its of quality taste.
For refreshing tea: Sharma Chai walla at the Gurudwara at Elgin road.
For Puchkas and Chat: If we talk of food and Kolkata, the second most important meal to talk about is puchkas in Kolkata they make it with a difference, the puris are full of potato mash with chillies, masala and little onion, and its dipped into real spicy pani. That’s Bengali pani-puri for you, the best place to have any of the chaat’s is at Southern Avenue.
For Chinese food: Here is the list of the place which I generally prefer for the Chinese food.
- Bar-b-q: This is situated in the heart of the city. The taste of food as well as the ambiance is excellent. Here is the address, 43/47/55, Park street, opposite Music world, Kolkata-700016. Ph-033-22299345
- Mainland China: It is a Chinese restaurant where you can taste a variety of Chinese food cooked by the well trained chef. Address is Uniworth House, 3-A, Gurusaday Road Kolkata – 700 019 Tel: 033- 3251 1257, 2283 7964.
- Red Hot Chilli Pepper:It is situated in South Kolkata.It serve you spicy food as the name suggest itself. It is at 26/2, Ballygunge Circular Road Kolkata – 700 019 Tel:033- 2455 9560
For North Indian: For the North Indian food, you can try any of these..
- Mirch Masala: The interior of Mirch masala is based on Dhabha Style with bollywood hero drawn on the wall and menu card full of movies. There is taxi set in there of which headlights turn on as the main door opens and honks sometimes.I love to go there again and again. It is at 49/2 Gariahat Road, Near Pantaloons, Ballygunge, Kolkata – 700 019, Tel: 033- 2481 8900
- Amber: This is the favorite place of my father-in-law. It is ideally in Central Kolkata, Esplanade. They serve Tandoori, Mughalai, Continetal and North Indian cuisines.It is at 11, Waterloo Street, Esplanade, Kolkata – 700 069, Tel:033- 2248 3018, 2248 6746
- Teej: It is one of the best restaurant for north Indian food. They serve some authentic Rajasthani vegetarian as well as north Indian cuisine. Here is the address details at 2, Russel Street, Kolkata – 700 071, Tel: 033- 2217 0730, 2226 4191
For Bengali Food:
- Bhajahari Manna: This is the place where you can find best of the Bengali dishes. It is at Gariahat, Kolkata.
- Aaheli: It is situated in the hotel Peerless Inn, traditional Bengali dishes are served in charming and traditional style. This is quite expensive. It is at 12, J. L. Nehru Road, Kolkata – 700 013, Tel: 033- 2228 0301, 2228 0302
- 6, Ballygunge place: This cozy place offers you the joys of home-cooked style Bengali cuisine. It is at Ballygunge main road, Kolkata-700019.
For Fast food: For fast food you can try any of these. You can also order online by just one click.
- Domino’s: Sector V, Salt Lake, Bengal Intelligent Park, Kolkata – 700 Tel:+(91)-(33) 2357 5555
- Pizza Hut: 22, Camac street, near pantaloons Kolkata-700017
- Sub way: Sector V, Salt Lake, Bengal Intelligent Park, Kolkata – 700 Tel:+(91)-(33) 2357 5555