Today is the age of computer and internet. Various services are provide with the help of Internet to the citizen of India. Now, the Government of India introducing one more online service for its citizen and which will do their work more easy and time saver.Wants to know what is this…This is E-post office.Let us discuss more about it.
What is E-post Office:
E-post office will enable the customers to transact postal business any time and from anywhere using either debit card or credit card through the medium of internet.Currently, this service is being launched in five state namely Andra Pradesh, Kerala, Goa, Maharastra and Gujrat. The people of these states can receive e-post by this process and based on the experience of the service it will extend through out the country.
How it will work:
According to this process, Each individual is given an ePost id based on his geographical address. Mails would be received at this epost id through electronic mode. At these identified ePost Centers the mails would be downloaded, printed and sent out for delivery to the addressee. Thus the customer would be able to get his mail from anywhere in the Globe in a matter of hours.
Features of E-post:
- Customers can send their messages to any address in India with a combination of electronic transmission and physical delivery through a network of more than 1,55,000 Post Offices.
- ePOST sends messages as a soft copy through internet and at the destination it will be delivered to the addressee in the form of hard copy.
- ePOST costs just Rs. 10 per page of A4 size.
- E-post service can also be accessed from one’s home or office by purchasing a pre-paid card. The pre-paid card will be of Rs.500 and Rs.1000
- E post can be sent to any language and even in hand writing and they can also contain pictures and graphics.
Services launched under E-post office:
As it is the first phase of e-post office, they are offering following services.
- Electronic Money Order (EMO)
- Instant Money Order (IMO)
- Postal Information
- PIN code search
- Tracking of Express and International shipment
- Registering of feed back and complaints.
Email-id of Post Office :
- Mumbai GPO, 400001 is email@example.com,
- Colaba PO 400005 is firstname.lastname@example.org,
- Panaji HO 403001 is email@example.com
- Trivandrum GPO 695001 is firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hyderabad GPO 500001 is email@example.com
- Ahmedabad GPO 380001 is firstname.lastname@example.org
Good to see that Indian Government is paying attention to these services.Definitely it will prove good for the people of India.What do you think? Check out ePost Office here