Let’s get off India and Fly to Dubai today and know some facts about Burj Dubai which opened to the world this Monday. Burj Khalifa Dubai is the tallest building on the earth. On top of it, you can see the curvature of the planet which is eye-catching. Here are some facts about Burj Khalifa.
Facts you should know about Burj Khalifa Dubai
- Dimensions: 2700 Ft High, 169 Floors.
- Official Website: http://www.burjdubai.com/
- It is made up of Super sturdy next-generation steel. Steel loses its strength beyond a particular range. The technique used to build up Burj Dubai infuses steel with nanoscale copper particles. This formula could keep up structural integrity at temperatures.
- The concrete used avoids cracking due to heavy pressure. It was made possible by using a technique called Nano Tubes. These nanotubes can prevent cracks from spreading, and when filled with a fixing agent, it can fill up the crack itself.
- Different Climatic Zone: As you move up the Burj, you will pass through a temperature difference of 10 Degree Celsius cooler than the bottom and 12500 tonnes of ice a day will be used up to keep the cooling system up.
- Thick Structure Triple-lobed footprint: The internal structure is pretty much dense. In case any of the pillars break or get weak, the load will automatically get distributed to the rest of the places.
- It has a Life Boat Elevator mode, which includes ten quick shuttles, which will be used for recovery in case of fire or any emergency.
- Type in: 25°11’40.90″ N 55°16’30.97″ E to your Google Earth, and it will take you to the top of the Burj Dubai. Please make sure that you have 3D Buildings Mode enabled.
- The world’s fastest elevator, rising and descending at 18 m/s (40 mph).
- The complete building is fitted with lights to display almost anything. They have been used for Narendra Modi, Shah Rukh Khan’s Birthday, and at many more events.
Read more Facts about Burj Khalifa Dubai on Wikipedia