We all are very conscious of our favorite things and especially our clothes. We take extra care so that it stays as new as when it was bought. Here are some of the best tips to handle clothes while washing.
Best tips to handle clothes while washing
1] How to Wash Cotton Clothes?
- The most preferred of all fabrics cotton is best to wear. But it needs the utmost care to handle. Cotton mostly shrinks with heat and moisture. It’s always advice able to preshrink the fabric before any use.
- The cotton fabric should always be starched. It adds life to the fabric.
- Always use a spray bottle while ironing the cotton fabric. First, dampen the fabric with the spray bottle. Roll or crush the fabric properly. Leave the material in that condition for a few minutes. Then iron it till the fabric gets dry.
- The main problem with cotton fabric is the chance of getting it stained. If you leave the stain untouched for later removal, the dye may get permanent.
2] How to remove stains from clothes?
- Don’t rub the stain; it may deepen it. If you are using powder detergent, mix it with some water, and make a paste form. Its advice can take two parts of soap and one part water.
- Apply the paste on the stained portion. You can take a clean, discarded tooth-brush also for better results.
- With light, pressure apply the paste in a circular motion. Allow the detergent to stay for at least 10 mins.
- Lather the stain with water. Take a clean washrag or hand towel. Apply clean water repeatedly on the stained area with the help of a washrag or hand towel. Clean till the detergent gets to remove.
- If the stain remains, do not dry. Repeat the method.
More details on removing stains here.
NOTE – Always take care of cotton fabric items according to the care label.
3] Tips to wash delicate clothes?
- Handwash your laced and lingerie with warm water using a mild detergent. Avoid rubbing. If any instruction is labeled on the garments, do as advised.
- Try to avoid direct sunlight and put the laces straight. Direct sunlight might discolor the garment.
- Avoid washing the bras in the washing machine as it loses ens the belts of the bras.
- Leggings, stockings, and pantyhose often lose color. Wash them separately.
- Keep beautiful lingerie and sleepwear made of net and delicate fabrics separately as there are chances of getting damage keeping with other belongings.
4] How to handle Silk Clothes?
- Always check the label at the garment.
- If marked ‘ dry clean only ‘ never wash in the home.
- Washable silk garments should be hand wash with warm water using delicate or wool detergent.
- If you find the garment to be damp, iron it. Raw silk should always be iron when dry.
Many fabric conditioners are available in the market. You can do a survey and select the best one for you. It will keep your fabric in the best condition.