If you want to get a Voter Id Card without standing in a long queue, and a lot of paper, we have a piece of good news for you. Election Commission of India offers the Online Application Process, very similar to Passport Application, where you can apply for Voter ID card easily and get a hearing date for the same.
How to Apply for Voter ID Card Online in India (Electoral Roll)
The online process is easy and straightforward. However, you will have to make sure you have proper documents as they will be verified. You will also need a mobile number to register for the online application.
- Online User Registration
- Filling up the Application form for Voter ID
- Registering and Updating Voter ID details for Family
- Tracking Voter Id Registration
You can also manage your family profile using this portal.
1] Online User Registration
- Go to the National Voter Service Portal
- Look for a link on the top navigation menus, which says “Online Voter Registration or Click on the Login/Register Button.
- It will take you to the login page where you get the option for Online Application, New Registration and Forgot Password.
- Click on the New User Registration Link and register yourself using your email id and phone number. You will have to verify the number with OTP.
- You will receive an SMS which will have your User Id (phone number) and password of your account.
- Once registration is complete, you will be able to sign in.
If you have an EPIC number or Voter ID number, then you can enter that too. It is useful to correct your Voter ID, especially when you change your location.
2] Filling up the Application form for Voter ID or Voter Card
- Once you are signed in, click on Fresh inclusion/Enrollment
- It will then open Form 6 automatically
- Before start filling the form, get all your details ready and documents ready. The documents include a scan of your Passport Size Photo, ID Proof like Passport, Driving License, Pan Card, etc. It will be uploaded along with the form. You will have to fill in the following details
- Enter Postal Address
- Date of Birth
- Your assembly constituency. You will need first to choose State followed by City and lastly followed by your Assembly. Click on Submit once done.
- Personal Details
- Addtional Information
- Declaration and Preview
The best part of the online application form is that you dont have to pick up the form manually. Earlier, this was a manual process where you need to select the correct form. Now all you need to make the right choice. The choices, along with new enrollment, are Migration, Correction of personal details, and deletion. Based on the choice, the form will be automatically selected.
Types of Form used for Online Application
- FORM6: Application For Inclusion Of Name In Electoral Roll
- FORM6A: Application For Inclusion Of NRI Name In Electoral Roll
- FORM7: Application For Objecting or Seeking Deletion Of Name In Electoral Roll
- FORM8: Application For Correction To Particular Entered in In Electoral Roll
- FORM8A: Application For Transposition Of Entry in Electoral Roll
Some of the forms have been merged, and you need not worry about it at all.
- Make sure all your images and photos are in JPG format, and the names don’t have space in between them. Else even after a successful upload, you will get access denied error.
- All your data is saved even when you hit the upload button.
Once done, click on submit button, which is at the bottom right corner, and you will get a message from the system which will be on the top left and in this format :
Record Saved Successfully
- Your Application ID:XYZA
- ERO – SOMENAME,
- ERO Correspondence Address: Some Address. “
- Mobile No:9YZAAYAYAYA
Uploading ID Proof Documents for Voter ID registration
Click Next, and it will take you to the next screen where you will need to upload ID Proof. The list of ID Proof you can upload are :
- Birth Certificate or Marksheet of Class 10, 8 or 5
- Rashan Card
- Driving License
- India Passport
- PAN Card
- Aadhar Card
Once you complete this. Go back to the main page and click on the link which says “My Applications.” It will list down all the application forms along with the option to view it in a printable format, upload documents, and a column that will tell you a hearing date. You will also get an SMS about it.
Make sure to take a printout of the document, and then visit at the time of the hearing. Your application will be accepted, and verification will be done. Once it is complete, you will get an SMS about it. Then you need to visit your Electrol office and collect the card.
3] Registering and Updating Voter ID details for Family
The online portal allows you to create a family group. One person can upload all documents and details on behalf of every member. If all your family members have a Voter ID card, then you can add them, and manage all aspects from one place.
- Visit the Family Tagging section.
- Add members using their Voter ID or EPIC no.
- Once you add details of Father, Mother, Wife and yourself, the application doesn’t allow more than four members. To add your kids, you can use the online process to the first register, and then they will be added here later.
- To check on the status, you can go to Family Verification View and click on the View Details button. It will display complete detail of the family member, including the photograph of the person.
4] Tracking Voter Card Registration
A reference id is generated when you register for voter id. You can use the online tracker to know the status of your application.
Let is know how your experience was when you applied for Voter Card through the online portal.
So greatness and thanks for sharing this useful information.
Extremely informative. Thanks a lot Ashish for the much needed walkthrough! Applying right away! Kindly keep this blog active. Hope you cover this year’s Durga Puja too.
THANKING YOU BOSS
how do we know about our area that it is lucknow west or lucknow east or lucknow north or lucknow south
thanks for info i have hust applied one question is that should i need to submit its printout to local office?
yes! i hv rcvd an sms for hearing today,what todo next?
can you plz tell after receiving the sms do i have to go to the office for submitting my documents or the BLO will come to my residence for taking my documents
can you tell me about hearing scheduled. i had applied online for form 6, and now i have received sms as ‘ your hearing scheduled in AC 268 ‘
what dose it means?
I got an SMS that said hearing scheduled. I visited the ward office and submitted the hard copied of the document , the soft copies of which I had submitted while filling the online form. The rent agreement, passport copy and electricity bill etc. Sill my status says ‘Hearing scheduled’ even after 1 month. Don’t know if the status would ever change.
Iklandhi 2 dhaulana hapur house no 318