The MyGov Corona Helpdesk on WhatsApp, which the central government runs, has many functions that allow people to get their COVID 19 vaccination certificates straight from the messaging platform. The government established the chatbot to combat misconceptions about the Coronavirus and assist residents in locating relevant services. This post will guide you on how you can download the COVID vaccine certificate online using Whatsapp.
How to Download Covid Vaccine Certificate using WhatsApp (India)
You must have received at least your first dose of vaccination to receive the vaccine certificate. If you do, here’s how you can access the COVID Vaccine certificate easily.
- To begin, open the Contacts application on your smartphone and save the mentioned +91 9013151515 phone number. You could name it MyGOV Corona Helpline.
- Next, head over to Whatsapp and click on the New Message icon present at the bottom to bring up the contacts list. Now, choose the three-dotted icon at the top to bring up the dropdown; select Refresh to let Whatsapp recognize the newly added contact.
- Now, search for the newly added contact (possibly named MyGOV Corona Helpline). Start a new conversation by texting Download Certificate.
- The bot will then check your mobile number against your registered account on the COWIN website.
- If valid, the bot will require you to enter the OTP received on the same number registered on Whatsapp. Enter the OTP to continue.
- Once done, you’ll now be asked to choose from the list of available persons. Enter the corresponding number from the list.
- With this done, you should receive the vaccination certificate in the form of a PDF. Repeat the process to download the certificate for some other person registered on the same mobile number.
What Are the Requirements for One to Receive the Vaccination Certificate on Whatsapp?
Well, to receive the certificate on Whatsapp, you’ll be required to have taken at least the first shot of the vaccine. Next, you’ll be required to text from the same number registered on the COWIN portal.
What if There Are Multiple Persons Registered to Cowin on the Same Mobile Number?
The MyGov Corona Helpdesk bot on Whatsapp allows you to view all reports associated with a single mobile number, which includes all family members that share the same phone number. Users can provide the name of the individual for whom the certificate or appointment is being requested.
How to add my Date of Birth to Covid Certification?
If you are planning to travel abroad, and your Vaccine Certificate is not being accepted because the DOB is missing, then follow these steps to add it:
- Login to CoWin Website using your mobile number.
- Then click on the International Travel Certificate button
- In the next screen, you will need to add the following: Name, DOB, Passport number
- Check the box of declaration, and click on the Submit Request button.
Once done, you will wait for verification to complete, and then a download link will be available for the international vaccine certificate.
Can I Book My COVID Vaccine Appointment Through Whatsapp
Yes, customers may now arrange their vaccination appointment on Whatsapp through the MyGOV Helpdesk. Users at WhatsApp can now find their local vaccination center on MyGov Corona HelpDesk and reserve their vaccine appointment. The user must send the message ‘Book Slot,’ input the OTP and choose the desired date, location, PIN code, and vaccine type.
- Vaccination Appointment – Book, Reschedule & Cancel
- Download CoWin Certificate
- COVID Vaccination – Centres Related Information
- COVID Vaccination – Authentic Information
That said, how would you rate this experience on a scale of one to ten? Do let us know by dropping a comment down below.