Winter season is already knocking our doors, and I think on a cold winter day, there’s nothing more tempting than staying put under your warm cozy blankets. However, we all want to keep our home warm during winter. So here are the bunch of great tips to keep your home warm this winter.
How to keep your home warm this Winter
- Go around your house and check all of your windows. Check that all windows are properly shut. It will be useful for you that cover your windows with the plastic shower curtains. It will block the direct entry of cold air into the house.
- Seal your door and also check around the door frame and even under the door. You may want to buy weather stripping or door sweep.
- If you have windows in your home that get any sunlight during the day time, then open all the windows as long as possible as solar energy is the best and the cheap way to make your house warm.
- Close the room, which are the unused room which are unnecessarily open as it acts as the barrier between you and the frigid outdoors. However, it stops air from circulating as much, which reduces heat loss.
- Install a thermostat or air heater. The best way is to get a smart thermostat that can regulate the desired temperature, but if thats not possible, any portable air heater can do the job. Buy one which can auto shutdown from time to time else the air will become dry.
- If you have a chimney, make sure to seal it if you are not using it. Warm air escapes through it.
- If you have floors made of marble, its time to place carpets where its possible. Many of us dont use snickers or shoes at home, and walking on marble floors in winter will only make you cold.
Thats how I keep my home cold in winter. What about you?