Here I come with another food which is easy to prepare & good for health as well. Vermicelli (Sewai) Poha is a very regular foodstuff which I cook in 15 mins for office/breakfast. It is similar to the famous South Indian breakfast dish, also known as Semiya Upma or Vermicelli Upma. It is so light that you can snack it all day if you feel so. You can make it using rava, vermicelli, poha, sabudana, oats, or millets.
How to make delicious Vermicelli (Sewai) Poha
- Preparation time: 6 mins
- Cooking: 8 mins
- Servings: 2
- Vermicelli Two cup
- Onion One Medium (Chopped)
- Capsicum One (Chopped)
- Tomato One (Chopped)
- Peas 6 – 8
- Salt to taste
- Cayenne Pepper to taste
- Garam Masala 1/4 teaspoon
- Roasted Cumin Powder 1/4 teaspoon
- Javitri /Mace One
- Star Anise One
- Kali Rai / Black Mustard Seed One small spoon
Preparation of the Vermicelli (Sewai) Poha
- Boil vermicelli for three minutes (Add a teaspoon oil)
- Stir the vermicelli so that it does not tangle.
Preparation of the Vegetables:
- Heat Black mustard seeds, Star Anise & Javitri in one teaspoon olive oil / refined oil
- Add onion and sauté the same till it turns light brown
- Put in capsicum; tomato; peas; all masalas and stir the ingredients till the vegetables turn brown.
- Once the vegetables are ready, add the vermicelli
- Cook for another 3-4 mins.
Once the cooking complete, sprinkle little water and cover the poha for few mins(nothing will stick in the pan/kadhai). We can serve this with half fry/boiled eggs.
Note: You can use the same recipe for Flat rice/Chewda poha/Javitri /Mace /Nutmeg Star Aisne / Chakra Phool
Garima contributes this post