Don’t get surprised. Pumpkin flowers are actually edible like Banana Flower Dish. You might have had pumpkin in your menu but might not have thought of trying the flower. Tell you truly, you will like it.
Ingredients & Quantity: –
- Pumpkin Flower
- Posto – 1 tsp
- Rice Flour – 50 gm
- Maida – 50 gm
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Nigella seeds (Kala Jeera) – ½ tsp
- Salt ( as per taste )
- Wash the pumpkin flower.
- Cut the young leaves and shoots too. Remove the stamen and the pistil from the flower with your finger (as shown in the images).
- Heat the oil in a frying pan or non-stick kadai.
- Take off all the pistils from the flower.
- Add all the ingredients together. Mix it with water to make a paste. The paste should not be watery.
- Dip each pumpkin flower in the paste properly. Put it in the kadai / Frying Pan and fry it in medium heat. Fry till the pumpkin flower turns brown.
- Serve hot with dhaniya ki chutney (made from coriander leaves).
Few Tips –
- You can also add baking soda to make it spongy.
- Red chilli / green chilly can also be added if you want to make it spicy.