We all love to have rice in our lunch/dinner, and sometimes it happens that we land up cooking more than our necessitate; next day we wonder what to do with the remaining cooked rice. That’s how I started cooking my subsequent dish with rice & soya (soy) chunks/nuggets and is now cooked even for lunch/dinner at home. Today, I will share how you can make Tasty Soya Nugget Rice Pulao (Recipe)
Soy chunks look an excellent natural source of soy proteins which can be used as a healthy and economical meat substitute. Beans that are bland; fragrance-free; ready to mold with all kind of recipe.
Health benefits Soy Nugget Rice Pulao
- High Protein Soya Chunks
- Low in calorie
- Rich in protein
- Good for all ages
- Filled with vitamins, minerals, fiber, and protein; best non-fish sources of essential omega-3 fatty acids
In today’s world, health is given the foremost priority. So I use “Saffola Arise.” However, it depends on the individual’s choice. Consider it one of the types of rice.
Let’s sneak peek the benefits Saffola Arise:
- Has lower glycemic index, this gives it a better nutritional goodness
- One feels light post consumption
- Gives sustained energy for a more extended period
- When cooked, grains expand; so lesser quantity of the same is needed.
How to make Tasty Soy Nugget Rice Pulao(Recipe)
Preparation time: 10mins (20-30 mins more, if you are using Saffola arise rice)
Cooking: 15 mins
1] Ingredients to make Soy Nugget Rice Pulao
- Rice One medium bowl
- Soya Chunks One small bowl
- Onion Two Medium (sliced)
- Green capsicum Two Medium (sliced)
- Green Chili Two sliced
- Salt to taste
- Cayenne Pepper to taste
- Roasted Cumin Powder 1/4 teaspoon
- Garam Masala ¼ teaspoon
- Garam Masala (Raw)
- Tej Pata / Bay Leaf One
- Javitri /Mace One
- Phool Chakra /Star Anise One
- Jeera/Cummin Seeds to taste
- Red Chilli Small two
- Black Cardamom/Badi Elachi Two
2] Grounding of vegetables & Soy nuggets
- Boil the chunks for 3 mins
- Then ash them in the running water and keep aside for water to drain.
- Heat teaspoon oil (refined / olive) in a skillet (preferably nonstick)
- Put in all the raw garam masala & heat it for a few seconds (on high gas).
- Add the sliced onions; sauté the same till it turns light brown(on medium gas)
- Adjoin capsicums, all powdered masala & stir the same till all the ingredients are medium fried
- Then add the soy nuggets. Mix well the vegetables & fry till it turns brown. Post-frying mix the herbs with cooked rice.
Note Cook rice as you do regularly. In case you‘re using Saffola Arise than that needs to be cooked slightly more than in comparison to other rice.
It serves to three persons with Bundi raita/jeera raita /masal/dahi/ salad/ fried green chilly sprinkled with Kala namak.
Tip for cooking:
Use quality non-stick pan/griddle so your cooking will automatically contain less fat.
Garima contributes to this post.