UID or Unique ID is the latest initiative by government to give every Indian a unique number with which he or she can be identified any where with all details in one place. This is similar to what USA calls as Social Security Number. UID project is renamed to Aadhaar which is actually a 12-digit unique number to be stored in a centralized database and linked to the basic demographics and biometric information – photograph, ten fingerprints and iris – of each individual.
Below is the screenshot of how the complete registration process will take place step by step
Verification and Data Entry
- You need to get in touch with an Enrollment Agency Operator.
- Provide him with documents for verification.
- Once verified, the operator will enter the data from the documents. There are two screens used while registration so you can see one. This is useful to correct mistakes made by operator.
- At the end you will be asked to verify the data once again.
- Photograph of your face is taken and stored.
- IRIS scan is made from your eyes.
- Fingerprints of both left and right hand is taken except thumbs.
- Now thumb impressions are taken separately.
Signoff and Acknowledgement :
- Once all data is stored, you can signoff using your finger prints.
- Done this you will receive an acknowledgement.