Just received an email from my Accountant regarding the new specification of the IT Return form for 2011. It will not accept black and white forms and there are new standards set for Fonts, Paper Size, Paper Quality and Bar Code Values.
The specifications are:
- Size of the paper should be A4 Sheet- (8.268 inches by 11.693 inches / 210mm by 297 mm )
- Quality of the paper should be White Paper and above 70GSM. The Paper thickness should be of Executive Bond quality with a minimum of 70 GSM and above
- Registration Marks should be present at every page and the coordinates of the same are indicated in the Sample Form given in Annexure A. It should be 0.25” from the top edge and the left corner edge.
- There should be a series of square dots which should be placed on the both sides of the pages on every page. The distance of the same should be 0.32” from the left edge. The square dots are uniformly spaced at 3mm distance from each other
- Bar Code Specifications should be in Code 39 Format. The Position and Size of the Bar Code should be as Per Annexure A .
Sample Form :
Download the Official Document from here and Official Announcement here