Indian Railway is going to provide a new comfort of traveling for national and International tourists soon after the announcement of Maharaja Express. So get prepared to spend around one Lac per person if you want to visit with Royal comfort. It was flagged off on 20/03/2010 by Railway Minister Smt. Mamata Banerjee. It was also the first Maharaja Express from Kolkata station. The train will provide all comfort like a palace to its travelers.
Maharaja Express – A Luxurious Travel arrangement of Indian Railway
- The train will roam around the country for the next six days and seven nights via Delhi, Varanasi, Bandhavgarh, Khajuraho, Gwalior, and Agra.
- It will have four travel plans, namely Heritage of India, Indian Panorama, Indian Splendour, and Treasures of India, which will cover different parts of the country with various routes within 7 – 8 days. This new effort of Railway is a joint venture with IRCTC, Cox & Kings.
- The entire train will have 88 passengers on board with a suit for everyone. Every cabin of the suit will have large windows to have a better view of the country.
- Apart from that, all luxury facilities like AC with temperature control, LCD TV, DVD players, Telephone, Internet, In house movie, etc. will be well available on the train to keep the travelers entertained throughout the journey.
Travel packages of the Maharaja Express
- Indian Panorama (6 Nights/7 Days): (Delhi – Jaipur – Ranthambore and Fatehpur Sikri – Agra – Orchha, and Khajuraho – Varanasi – Delhi)
- Indian Splendour (6 Nights/7 Days): (Delhi – Agra – Ranthambore – Jaipur – Bikaner – Jodhpur – Udaipur – Mumbai)
- Heritage of India (6 Nights/7 Days): (Mumbai – Udaipur – Jodhpur – Bikaner – Jaipur – Ranthambore and Fatehpur Sikri – Agra and Delhi)
- Treasures of India (3 Nights/4 Days): (Delhi – Agra – Ranthambore – Jaipur – Delhi)
Rates of Maharaja Express
Those who are thinking about the charge of this royal treatment, let me tell you that for Indian, it is very costly. The cost of the Delux Cabin Twin may cost around 7000 to 8000 US dollars at the minimum. Then you have Delux Cabin Double, Junior Suite (Twin and Double), Suite, Presidential Suite. It will also depend on the tour package you choose.
This five-star train seems to be well attractive to foreign tourists who are not familiar with our geographical vast and also to those who wouldn’t compare money with such Royal Treatment. Tour operations are hopeful of selling these to most foreigners only.
When you are on the website, click on the Book now button to open the reservation page. Here you can need to choose the package tour, date, number of people along with kids, and the cabin. When you click on Book now button, then you can choose to pay in Indian currency or US dollars. I would suggest also try with agents who may offer some discounts.
For more information, please visit the Official Website
Nice, this sounds amazing.