The first Passport Seva Kendra (PSK) in Kolkata will accept online application from December 2 and conduct interviews from December 5. The Facility at Anandpur on the EM bypass.The scheme promise to ease the process of getting a new or renewed passport. Here is the some detail of the scheme when you apply for a new passport/passport for renewal.
- Log on to www.passportindia.gov.in to fill up the form and upload it by upload e-form.
- Scan and upload relevant document.
- An application Refrence Number (ARN) and an interview date will be generated.
- However, the date will be with in 7 days.
- Turn up at the PSK on the appointed date with the original and self attested photocopies of the document.
- Collect a token and wait for your turn.
- Official will click your photograph and record your finger prints.
- Another set of official will verify your Original document.
- Finally, the official will decide whether to send the application for police verification. If they decide to do so an e-mail will be sent immediately.
Advantages of the new process:
- It will save your times as the process will no longer have to queue up at the regional Passport office.
- The whole process is expected to take only 40-45 minutes.
- Now no need to scare about the deadline given by PSK.
- Seventy seven PSK have been planned to replace the 37 wxisting Regional Passport Office in India.
- For any other information on the scheme, you can log on to www.passportindia.gov.in or dial 1800-258-1800.