Many a time we get into the issue with Bank. While most of the banks do resolve it, but if there is something your bank is not listening about, then you can file a complaint against Banks to RBI. You can file a complaint, keep track of it, and also file an appeal for any such issues to RBI online. RBI has provisions under Banking Ombudsman Scheme 2006. If you want to complain against specific deficiency in banking services, that’s the place for you.
The FAQ on Banking Ombudsman Scheme
- The Banking Ombudsman is a person appointed by the Reserve Bank of India to redress customer complaints against particular deficiency in banking services.
- It enables resolution of complaints of bank customers relating to certain services rendered by banks.
- Covers all Scheduled Commercial Banks, Regional Rural Banks, and Scheduled Primary Co-operative Banks are covered under the Scheme.
Now that we are in the digital age, RBI also has provision for digital payments. Here is the list of complaints you can file for:
- Click here to file a complaint
- Company Law Board-NBFCs
- Against RBI
- Banking Ombudsman Scheme
- Nodal Agencies-NBFCs
- Ombudsman Scheme for NBFCs
- Protected Disclosure Scheme
- Ombudsman Scheme for Digital Transactions
Documents required to file a complaint against Banks to RBI
- Your name and postal/billing address with Telephone No, Fax no, Email address
- Name and address of the branch/bank/entity or its registered office against which you are complaining
- Facts of the case with supporting documents (if any).
- Your Account number/it card number for card-related complaints/other details
- Nature and extent of the loss caused and the relief sought thereof.
- Any other supporting documents
How to file a complaint against Bank to RBI
The complaint portal of RBI, lets you file, track, and file an appeal on the portal. There are exhaustive How-tos available which will help you file the complaint properly.
- Open this link or go to RBI official site and then look for File complain link.
- Click on File Complaint
- Select Type of Entity as BANK
- Then add the following details
- Mobile number of the complainant
- Area of operation of BO, State, District, Bank name
- Choose if the complaint is against credit card
- Select bank Category and Branch name
- Enter your Email Id and Phone number
- next select complaint is sub-judice/under the arbitration
- If there was a handwritten complaint sent to the bank, if there was a response and so on
It is an exhaustive process for which there is a video available. Do have a look.
Once the complaint filing process is complete, you will get a tracking ID from the portal. You can use it to track the status of the complaint and what resolution has been taken till date.
We hope the steps were easy and straight forward when you plan to complain against Banks to RBI.