Are you aware about the flu ? I am sure after H1N1 Swine Flu we all know but do you know Flu happens all the time in small-scale but we ignore them? Every day we all heard about the death caused due to the flu but are we conscious? Did you know even regularly washing hands can keep away so many diseases ?
Now its our duty to create the awareness to the people of India with the health care professionals and other healthcare unit. Let us discuss more about it.
Influenza, or flu, is a respiratory illness that is caused by a virus. Flu is highly contagious and is usually spread by the coughs and sneezes of a person who is infected.
Types of Flu:
There are three types of flu generally exists. They are Influenza A, Influenza B, and Influenza C. Types A and B viruses cause seasonal epidemics while type C influenza virus causes mild respiratory illness and is not responsible for epidemics.Read more.
Symptoms of Flu:
It is common to confuse flu with a bad cold. Flu and cold symptoms may include a runny/blocked nose, sore throat, and cough. Here are some symptoms which a person with flu will have. These are not common heavy cold symptoms:
- High temperature
- Cold sweats, shivers
- Aching joints, aching limbs
- Fatigue, feeling exhausted
- Gastro-intestinal symptoms, such as nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea, are much more common among children than adults.Read more.
Ways to stop the flu:
- There are some simple ways that can stop the spread of flu, but the thing is that we have to follow that ways very carefully
- It require hygiene on the part on every one specially hand washing.
- Limit your contact with large groups during influenza season. Avoid areas with large concentrations of small children and crowded, confined areas.
- Refrain from sharing intimate items. Be aware that items such as make-up, cigarettes, utensils, beverage glasses and towels may be contaminated with influenza viruses
- Get the flu vaccine offered each season.The vaccine will protect you against the strains of influenza that scientists predict will be most prevalent in that particular season.
There are more details on Stop Flu, which is aimed to create more awareness on Flu and also removing the doubts and misconception about Flu. Make sure you follow it every day.
So what are you waiting for? If you have any of symptoms go and consult your doctor.Only awareness can stop the flu.
Related : 10 easy steps to practice good hygiene