Many a time, we heard about the word Vastu and the things we should do for our houses, offices, etc. The people and in fact, I also believe that these vastu practices bring happiness, wealth, and prosperity in the life of the person. In this post, I will share ten tips for your Home, according to Vastu. They had worked for me.
What is Vastu?
The term Vastu Shastra is composed of two words – Vastu, which means the dwelling place of humans, and Shastra, which means ‘science.’ In other words, Vastu Shastra is the science that deals with human dwellings. This Vastu Shastra is an ancient Hindu architectural and an old age traditional practice. It is a science of directions that has a man as its central part. Vastu acts as the balancing force between man and nature.
Disclaimer: These have worked for me and might not work precisely for you. So please make sure you do trial and error to find what suits you best. Also never overdo.
Ten tips for your Home according to Vastu
Here are some tips that you should do for your house according to Vastu. They are convenient and straightforward.
- Avoid placing the mirror in front of the bed in any of the room.
- The image of Gajalaxmi at the main door is considered auspicious
- Keep furniture items in a children’s room, keep them a few inches away from the wall. Don’t have the furniture attached to the wall, as it obstructs the flow of positive energy
- Students should be facing the north or east while studying.
- Keep in mind that the Stove in your kitchen should never be visible from the outside. It can lead to digestion problems for the family members
- For ensuring peace in the house, the main bedroom should be constructed in the south direction
- Don’t place any of the divine idols in the bedroom.
- Never sleep having the head in the North direction.
These tips will also remove any related Vastu Dosh from your house.
Feng shui Tips for Home and Office
- It is good to keep a showpiece of fish or dolphin in the home and office. You can also keep a picture of fish. It’s a sign of happiness and prosperity.
- Keep a set of 3 Chinese coins in your purse or locker for your money luck.
- Keep a love bird in the South West of the Bedroom. It increases love among couples.
- Always hang wind chimes in the house as it is one of the best sources of positive energy.
- You can place a laughing Buddha in the diagonally opposite the front gate but facing the front entrance.
- Keep an education tower or learning tower in the study table or the children’s room. It will help the child in proper concentration.
- You can keep a Bamboo plant or a right luck plant anywhere in the house. It enhances knowledge, prosperity, happiness, and avoids negative energy.
- Three-legged frogs are considered very auspicious and keep them in the front of the main door but facing inside the home.
- Put a symbol of Swastik at the main door, or you can also place an Om Trishul at the main entrance gate of the house. It prevents the house from the bad evils.
Try these simple tips and allow happiness and wealth to come to your house!!!!