In India, whenever we do feel like complaining either, we end up in expressing in words to friends. If there is something important, we try to get it done someway. It is possible to file complaints about any department to the Indian Government. Here is how you can do it.
How to file complaints and annoyance to the Indian Government
Indian Government does have a portal which is open to the public and allows you to lodge your complaints on almost anything in various departments. The portal is called Public Grievances, which monitors complaints made by the public online. It also gives you a way to track them and remind of your already registered complaints.
You can find the list of Ministries/Departments/Organisations that are covered and like the footer of this site says :
Public Grievances pertaining to identified issues in respect of 20 Central Government Organisations are being handled by Directorate of Public Grievances (DPG), Cabinet Secretariat. If your Grievance falls under the purview of Directorate of Public Grievances, Cabinet Secretariat, please click here to lodge your Grievance.
Here is what DPG expects from you:
- Please give details of your grievance with copies of supporting documents.
- Your earlier attempts to have the grievance resolved through the grievance redressal mechanism of the department should be furnished.
- Indicate whether you have filed an appeal against any previous decision of the organization or department, before any court, tribunal or consumer forum.
- State your identity and postal address, e-mail address, and telephone number.
How DPG takes your complaints ahead:
- DPG will assess what aspects of your complaint fall within its purview and the gravity of the claim.
- It will then seek comments from the concerned department or organization. If suitable, it can transfer the grievance to it requesting it to deal with the matter directly.
- You should have some response within 15 working days of receipt of the grievance.
- A letter will be sent to you informing you of the action taken.
You can lodge your complaint here and then visit the respective department personally. It satisfies the purpose of the online portal as well as your by visiting the department also.
DPG keeps stats for previous complaints, and how many of them were resolved. You can check the past performance here.
Related Reading: Become a Streetanchor, and fight for the issues around you and help others too.