If you are planning to launch a startup with strong potential and strong will with excellent business ideas, there are few Networks which has started funding, helping and supporting Entrepreneurs to help them grow faster and smarter. Telegraph in 2010, listed three such sites which I have explored a little more. Here is the list where a Startup in India can look for funds.
Where to look for funds for a startup in India (Entrepreneurship)
1] Startup @ Indian Government
Startup India is an initiative of the Government of India. The campaign was first announced by Indian Prime Minister, Narendra Modi during his 15 August 2015 address from the Red Fort, in New Delhi. The action plan of this initiative is based on the following three pillars
- Simplification and Handholding.
- Funding Support and Incentives.
- Industry-Academia Partnership and Incubation.
2] National Entrepreneurship Network
- Entrepreneurship education which includes courseware, “how-to” guidelines, audiovisuals and video materials developed and reviewed by leading entrepreneurship educators from around the world, a speaker bureau, a comprehensive faculty development program, networking events and activities and facilitated online access to mentors and entrepreneurs.
- Provides support for startups, funding, and tie-ups with 470 top institutes.
- More here
3] The center for innovation, incubation, and Entrepreneurship, IIM, Ahmedabad
- Follows the concept of “Entrepreneurs-in-Residence.”
- It will provide office space on the IIM campus.
- It also includes a computer facility, library, etc.
- Can invest up to 50 Lakhs and take 3-7% stake in each company they incubate
- They have four different seed-funds (focused across IT, cleantech, and other technology sectors) apart from having strong linkages with other financial investors.
- More here
4] Indian Angel Network
- They believe that to enhance the success rate of a business, it needs attention and quality guidance and mentoring at an early stage.
- According to them, Entrepreneurs who can give evidence of the validation of their concept. Particularly those who have begun to engage with the market have a stronger proposition.
- Can invest in the starting stage of a potential startup.
- Members of Indian Angel network have strong operational experience as CEO
- Online submission of Business Plans accepted.
- More here
I am looking forward to expanding this list further. So if you are aware or part of a network that helps Entrepreneurs in India do let us know in the comments. The more networks we can list here, the better is a chance for anyone reading this.