Every Indian kitchen, I believe, somewhere in the corner must have Almond. It occupies the space in your refrigerator also. I prefer to keep it there only so that it can last long. Almond is better seen at least once in a year at every Indian house during Diwali with other friends like cashew nuts, raisins, pasta, and other dry fruits. Many of us have the impression that if you consume Almond daily, you can gain weight. In this post, we will share why you should eat Almond every day.
Why should you eat Almond every day?
Don’t worry. Let me share something healthy with you. Almond, no doubt, is a bit expensive for all to consume. But tell me something. With the present economy is anything cheaper? I have read somewhere that – Almond is also known as “Badaam,” which is woven into the very fabric of Indian cuisine.
- Almond is rich in vitamin E and monounsaturated fat. Consumption of a handful of almonds daily helps in improving complexion and food movement and prevention of cancer. Researches have shown that almonds help in reducing LDL rather bad cholesterol and increase the HDL good cholesterol.
- In Ayurveda, Almond plays a vital role. Roghan Badam or almond oil helps in rejuvenating the skin via massage therapy. Its high nutrient content keeps the brain healthy and nervous system function. It has an anti-inflammatory and immunity-boosting effect.
- It is recommended by many gynecologists to consume a handful of almonds daily. It helps in overcoming post-pregnancy stress and weakness. Blanched Almond is more advantageous to consume this duration. It helped me a lot during my pregnancy period. I always used to forget, and the daily call of my mother reminded me daily. It helps in daily activity during that period especially. Even after my childbirth, I am consuming it daily sometimes as a snack, at times with milk.
- Blanched Almond is more preferred to consume, and that too early in the morning empty stomach or with milk.
Almonds are used in cookies, cakes, desserts, making wedding sweets, added in kheer. The soft drink known as Soumada is made from Almond. Badam halva is a sweet dish made from Almond adds to the royalty of many Indian weddings and special occasions. Almond is welcome anytime and every time. It is easy to carry it with you, and it’s a really good appetite satiety.
* Blanched almonds are shelled almonds that have been treated with hot water to soften the seed coat, which is removed to reveal the white embryo. You can also leave Almond soaked in water overnight.