Indian railway is the lifeline of the country. It makes the journey safer and comfortable for thousand of peoples of India. Now, the Indian Railway is introducing First air conditioned double decker train to make your journey even more comfortable and faster. Now India will be listed into the league of Europe and North America where multi-deck trains have been moving since a decade now.
On 1 Oct 2011, Railways Minister of West Bengal Dinesh Trivedi and Union minister of state for Shipping, flagged off the first double decker train between Howrah to Dhanbad. The 12383 Up/12384 Dn fully Air-Conditioned Howrah to Dhanbad Express will run four days a week.
Route of the first double Decker Train:
The train will start from Howrah station and the stoppage will be at Barddhaman, Durgapur, Asansol, Barakar and Kumardhubi to Dhanbad. The permissible speed is only 110 km/hour.
Features of First Double Decker Train in India:
- The train will consists of 9 coaches.
- Out of 9 coaches, 7 will be the A.c double-decker chair cars to seat.
- There will be 128 seats in each coach.
Two generator cars will be in the train.
With the increase in the carrying capacity, the railways would be able to double its earnings.
The coaches are fitted with control discharge toilet system.
According to the Reports:
- These are created by Research Development and Standard Organisation and developed by Rail Coach Factory, Kapurthala.
- As of now they run on Diesel
- It is using end-on-generation configuration where power for train lighting and air-conditioning is supplied by two power cars, attached at both ends of the train to save the power.
Here is an official document pointing to that and Detailed announcement on it
However, now the common people can also afford air conditioned travel as of low cost. I am super excited to travel in first double decker train and what about you?