PAN card is one of India’s most important identification cards as all the personal and business financial data and activities are tracked through it. Whenever you make a considerable purchase or transact big, the data is linked to your PAN and then used by the Indian IT department for taxation. Previously there used to be no service to download and store your PAN card online, you could not even apply for it online, but with the internet revolution in India, everything can be done from the comfort of your home. This article talks about how to download PAN card online (e-PAN). Please make sure that you stay tuned till the end of this article.
Why Download e-PAN Card, Where Can It Be Used?
It is not always possible to carry your ID cards everywhere. If you carry multiple id-cards in your wallet, you are also at a greater risk of losing them. e-PAN card solves the problem of carrying your PAN card with you. As identity proof, you can show the PDF file to the concerned personnel, which is entirely valid since the document is digitally signed and contains a QR code to verify the document’s legitimacy.
The e-PAN card will also come in handy if you need to enter your PAN card details for taxation purposes. The e-PAN card is a valid proof of identity in all government offices and official work.
How To Download PAN Card Online (e-PAN)
Downloading e-PAN Card is simple and not a very time-consuming process. Since you can submit your PAN application through NSDL and UTITSL portals, there is a slight difference in steps for downloading e-PAN from each portal, while the terms remain the same. We’ll be covering the following:
- Downloading e-PAN Card From NSDL Website
- Downloading e-PAN Card From UTITSL Website
Let’s have a look at the detailed steps.
1] Downloading e-PAN Card From NSDL Website
You can download e-PAN from the NSDL website by using either the application acknowledgment number or the PAN number and providing some additional identification details. Here are the steps for it:
- Visit the NSDL e-PAN download page by clicking here.
- Once on the Website, first, select the verification method. You can choose either the Acknowledgement Number or the PAN number.
- Then, enter your Aadhar number. (This step is mandatory for individuals, for business PAN, you can skip this)
- Now, enter your Birth or incorporation month and year and give consent by clicking the check box. Fill in the Captcha, and submit.
- You will now be taken to the next page. Here you have to verify the request by selecting verification methods from either an OTP on your Mobile number, email, or both.
- On the Next Page, enter the OTP received and verify. The download will start immediately if you haven’t exceeded the 30-day window. If not, you’ll be taken to the payment page, where you will have to pay a fee of ₹ 8.26 using any of your preferred payment methods. Once paid, you can download the e-PAN.
Once downloaded, you can also verify if the e-PAN is valid or not.
2] Downloading e-PAN Card From UTITSL Website
Downloading an e-PAN card from the UTITSL website pretty much takes you through the same steps. Here they are:
- Visit UTITSL e-PAN download request page by clicking here.
- Once on the page, proceed by entering details such as PAN number, month and year of incorporation, and Captcha. Proceed by submitting. (You cannot download e-PAN with the acknowledgment number, unlike NSDL)
- You will be asked to select a verification method on the next page. You can receive an OTP via email, mobile, or both.
- Once verified, your download should start automatically if the 30 days aren’t exceeded if it is.
- Then you’ll be asked to pay a fee of ₹ 8.26 with a payment method of your preference. After which, you’ll be able to download your e-PAN.
How offices, taxation, and apparently how lives of countless Indians have changed drastically after the absolute rise in the percentage of the population accessing the internet. You can save time and hassle by taking innovative measures like bringing all the documents on the Indian government’s Digilocker platform. We hope you found the article to be insightful. Please make sure you share it with everyone.
e-PAN Downloading Terms And Conditions
There are specific terms and conditions to downloading e-PAN. There are two portals through which you can submit an application for PAN. I.e., UTITSL (Unit Trust Of India Infrastructure Technology Services Limited) and NSDL (National Securities Deposit Limited) are government organizations that provide various financial services. Here are the terms related to e-PAN downloading:
- The e-PAN download facility is only available for those whose application was processed through the e-NSDL or e-UTITSL portal.
- If the PAN was allotted or changes were accepted within the last 30 days, the applicant can download the e-PAN free of charge up to 3 times.
- If the PAN was allotted or the changes were accepted before 30 days, a fee of ₹8.26 (Incl. of taxes) will be levied for each download.
What Is The Password Format For e-PAN PDF?
The password format for e-PAN PDF is your date of birth or comPANy incorporation date in DDMMYYYY format. So if you were born on 1st January 1999, the password should be 01011999.
Is e-PAN Accepted As Proof Of Identity Everywhere?
It is a mandate for accepting e-PAN as proof of identity by government offices and officials. However, the same might not apply to places like Hotels, Clubs, or any privately owned controlled areas where you must present an ID proof. You may still be asked for the physical ID card.