In the last post, we talked about how impressive is the Jaisalmer Fort, and today we are going to cover the Museum which has the complete history of this city and the fort. Here is the full list:
Jaisalmer Fort Museum
- Statue of Gawarja Mata.
- Photographs when British Ruled. They tell us the relationship between them.
- Currency and Postal Stamp. There was even Char Ana (approx 25 paise note)
- Family Tree of Kings of Jaisalmer.
1] Gawarja Mata
Gawarja Mata is one of the most important women in the Marwari community. She is worshipped like a goddess by every unmarried girl in the cast, especially in Rajasthan for getting a good husband. In this Museum there is a massive idol of hers which is taken out to the city for one day. The Picture behind her is her story.
2] Photographs of British Viceroys and Young Kings in Jaisalmer Fort Museum
3] Currency and Postal Stamps used in Jaisalmer in Old times
4] Family Tree of Jaisalmer Kings
5] Jaisalmer Kings Throne
Check out more Images of Jaisalmer Fort Museum
I am sure you must have seen so many museums, but this one is different and talks about the past of Jaisalmer, its culture and how things were during British rule.
Rajasthan Trip Travel Index
- Start [ Plan, Tips and Maps ]
- Shyam Khatu and Salasar Balaji
- Rani Sati and Karni Mata
- Bhairon Ji and Ramdevra
- Jaisalmer: The Golden City with a Mighty Fort [ Rajasthan ]
- The Amazing Museum inside Jaisalmer Fort
- Sand Dunes of Jaisalmer
- Mount Abu: Gateway to Wintery Rajasthan
- Udaipur, City of Lakes
- Nathdwara and Pushkar